In the world of custom 1911's, real innovations are few and far between. When we came out with the 50 GI it was a significant contribution to the world of 1911 pistols. We have now brought forth more innovation to the industry with the introduction of the H.O.S.S. (Heavy Operating Shooting System) custom 1911. All of the HOSS improvements make individual parts of the 1911 stronger, and by doing so it increases not only the longevity but also the overall reliability of the pistol. Consider this, a chain is no stronger that its weakest link and we have made the weakest links (parts) MUCH stronger.
Where a standard 1911 might have a parts failure after X number of rounds we have now decreased the likelihood of any failure exponentially, in fact with “normal” use it might never happen.
With the introduction of the HOSS we are once again showing that a small company can do big things, turning our knowledge and experience into strength and reliability, the HOSS is a 1911 ready to meet the 21st century head on!
The HOSS barrel (right) has a 56% greater wall thickness than a standard 1911, and the barrel feet are "beefed up" by 65%, making them less likely to shear off after thousands of rounds fired.
The HOSS barrel bushing (right) has a 56% thicker flange than a standard 1911.
The HOSS extractor (left) is 33% larger than the extractor in a standard 1911.
The HOSS barrel link (left) is wider by 22% than the standard 1911 barrel link.
The HOSS plunger tube (left) is secured with four posts and is thicker walled than that of a standard 1911.
The HOSS slide stop (rear) is also 33% larger than a slide stop in a standard 1911.
The HOSS ejector (right) is much more robust than the standard 1911, and much less likely to shear off after hard use.
- Full Size frame with 5″ Slide
- Melonite Finish
- Forged Steel Frame & Slide
- Slide Top Serrations
- Tool Steel fully machined Hammer, Sear, and Disconnector
- Solid match grade trigger
- Black Alumagrips with Full Checkering
- Magazine Well
- Single Sided Thick Safety
- 15 LPI x 90 degree checking on front strap and mainspring housing
- GI Tritium Sights
- HOSS Heavy Barrel-chamber and barrel wall thickness increased by 56%, and beefed up barrel feet by 65%
- HOSS Slide Stop-33% increase in width, to .250
- HOSS Extractor-33% increase in width, to .200
- HOSS Plunger Tube-4 post, thick walled, made from 4130 Chrome Moly Steel
- HOSS Barrel Link-increased width by 22%, made from hardened steel
- HOSS Barrel Bushing-increased thickness by 56%
- HOSS Ejector-Ejector post more than double the size of standard cross pin
- Fully Dehorned
- Extreme Reliability Work
- Two fitted and tuned magazines
- Black GI Logo Cordura Case
Each pistol is built by hand and backed with our Lifetime Satisfaction Assurance, as well as the best customer service in the industry.
*The pistols in the pictures may have been customized with other options, and are therefore different than the standard model.